June 8, 2011

Be Still and KNOW

More things are happening these days! Not too much, but here goes. VBS this week! I help Amy out in the missions area and count the money that the kids give for offering to go towards trips and projects that our church takes part in. The generous hearts of the kids are so inspiring. They have bags of change and even though it might not seem like much to us, it's all they have and it's everything to them. They get so excited and it just melts my heart. There is also another girl that helps out and she's in high school. Oh the joys of high school. Please pray for her, she has such a genuine heart and is struggling with peer pressure. We got the chance to talk and I hope that I was able to encourage her to stay true to herself and not lower her standards to what the world and her friends may want her to do. Last night we also had an old family friend in town on business for the night. We went to dinner and got to spend time catching up and laughing about old memories. It's so great to have friends that you haven't seen in so long, but can still pick up right where you left off. I also talked to my Kentucky cousins yesterday, they were in Auburn buying National Championship gear and I wish I could have been there! Hopefully it won't be too long before I get to see them again. More babysitting still to come and other than that, there's not a lot to tell. God is teaching me that He is in control and my plans are not His plans. Even though I wish I was busier maybe this is my time to "Be still and know that I am God."  I'm pretty good at being physically still, it's just that knowing part that trips me up. Until next time, that's what I'll be working on.