June 9, 2012

Expectations

I've been having a lot of thoughts lately about the future and what it holds for me. I ask God for guidance because His ways are not mine, and I need direction. Even if I don't do what I had planned, it doesn't really matter to me because I know that that isn't what I was intended to do in the first place. When I know that my life is in God's hands, that's when I'm perfectly at peace because I know things will work out. It may not always be the best or most secure or pleasant situation, but it will be God's plan and that is worth living for and working through. Expectations are just that. They don't really amount to anything. They may be on point, but most often they're a little skewed. So when expectations don't turn out, take it as a fact of life and move past it to what is actually happening. Reality is living in the moment and living for a higher purpose than just a job or a career. It is living for the One who created your life in way that you will be proud to present it back to Him one day with as little regret as possible. My life isn't for me anyway, so why do I worry so much? God has given me exactly what I need at exactly the right time. And in more ways than one. So I will be thankful and take each day as it is until I come to the realization of what I'm actually supposed to be doing.