June 13, 2012

Radical

Today was a day that in the future I may not remember all the details of, but I will remember that what I am doing then was partly because of what I have done and decided today. I read the book Radical by David Platt. I feel kind of behind on this, I've had the book for a while, and honestly have been putting off reading it. I was afraid of it. Of what it would make me think and challenge me to do. I was detrimentally content with life as it was. But this book was exactly what I needed. It opened my eyes to what God wants from me. When you think you already know everything you need to know about something, that's the beginning of the end of you moving forward in whatever that subject may be. I thought I had things figured out for the most part. I didn't and don't claim to be perfect, but now even more I know that I am in need of the Lord to control my life and where He wants be to take it. The book revealed how often I think of me, and how big of a problem that is. My life and the reason I have it is to bring glory to God by showing others what He has done for me. Which is where I sit right now. There are many things I need to pray about and ask forgiveness for, but I'm moving forward and God is the focus. More on this in days to come.