May 17, 2011

Edibility

Today I have accomplished a few things on the to do list in preparation for the summer since I've come to the conclusion that I'll be going to Texas. I can't complain about this, I haven't been home since Christmas and honestly am excited about getting to go back. I will miss the friends I'm leaving behind here in Auburn and what we might have done, but it gives me something to look forward to in coming back. One thing I'm not looking forward to is all the packing. Probably my least favorite thing in the world, and over the past couple of years I've gotten to do this more than I would have preferred to. We are upgrading this time though, so it's ok! Tonight for dinner I tried a new recipe. It's pesto chicken stuffed shells and they were delicious and super easy to make. Also I made a cookie cake pie to take to Georgia tomorrow when I head to visit Sally and Jody and my parents will be joining us soon too! But I didn't try the cake yet, so I'm not quite sure how it turned out, hopefully well! Really I just wanted and excuse to use my new Paula Deen pie dish :) I've learned that cooking is pretty easy, you just have to believe in yourself that what you're doing is the right thing, and usually you'll end up with something edible.
Pesto Chicken Stuffed Shells
Cookie Cake Pie