May 10, 2011

Opportunity

This weekend and yesterday has been a fun time for the first few days of summer. Emily and I went to see Something Borrowed and it was a great movie! Not your typical love story/romcom. The story goes to show how you should never hold back because you can spend your whole life regretting a single moment that you know would have changed it all. Take opportunities because you don't know when they may rise again, if ever. And another plus, the movie had John Krasinski in it and he's one of my faves :) Yesterday, I joined the Riley family for Ashley's graduation from the Auburn School of Nursing! What an exciting time! I can't believe how fast time is flying, that in two years (hopefully) that will be me. And while at the time classes seem to drag on, take forever, cause long and drawn out amounts of suffering, college really goes by in the blink of an eye. So you have to take opportunities here too. The speaker said he didn't agree with the saying that opportunity only knocks once, he believed that with education you have many opportunities. I somewhat agree with this, but I think that an individual opportunity will only knock once and you have to decide if you want to take it or not. He also made another good point that with education you have many doors opened for you, so make use of your education and build doors that will open for other people. Seeing that diploma yesterday gave me so much motivation and determination to power through so that one day that will be me walking across the stage, fully realizing that my opportunity to succeed in college was fulfilled.