April 6, 2012

I'll Never Let Go

This weekend I'm in Auburn holding down the fort while the roommates are away. But it also marks a huge weekend in my books. Tonight I went to see my favorite movie of all time re-released in 3D. By the title of this post you probably already guessed that it was Titanic. It took me a while to even decide that it was my absolute favorite, but now I am positive of this decision. There's a reason it won 11 Oscars! And in 3D, wow! I was in first grade when it originally came out, was I too young to see it? Maybe, but I ended up seeing it four times before it left the theaters. And my little heart has never stopped beating for Leo since. It's so much more than just that though. He helps her live, and not just physically. She is trapped by what the world says she should do and what she thinks she has to do, but he goes against anything she's ever known. He frees her from herself. It's a beautiful movie all the way through with every story. The movie accomplishes making you believe that what you're seeing is real, even though it's mostly computer generated images. The fact is though, that it really did happen, it's real history. There are many stories we'll never know that lie at the bottom of the ocean. I could go on forever about how much it means to me in so many different ways. One thing on my bucket list is to actually visit the wreckage, we'll see how long that will take before it happens. Another reason this was such a big thing was that I went by myself. I've never been to a movie by myself, but everyone went home this weekend and I wasn't willing to wait any longer to see the movie. It was an exhilarating and exciting experience, I'm not sure why. I don't think I'll be doing it regularly, but it was nice to know that it can be done. So with all this said, it was a great start to my weekend that will now only consist of studying. And maybe some breaks, but who knows?