April 21, 2012

Present

I always want to be honest with the people that I'm closest to. If you feel like you have to hide something then obviously somewhere deep down you are either ashamed of it or know that it's wrong. If we can't open up to the people that know us the best and love us the most, then who can we share our souls with? I think there's something to be said about discretion, but we were made to walk beside each other in this life and take on each others burdens and happiness. I want to be with the people that are in the present, live in the here and now, not tucked away in technology, more interested in what the latest social network says or can't let their phone out of their grip for more than five minutes. One might think that me blogging all these things is kind of counter intuitive to this, but really I just need to vent, and then I'll move on. I'm just tired of being taken for granted and ignored. I know I can be guilty of all of these things, so this is just a reminder to myself to not forget how I feel at this exact moment so that I will remember to never make anyone feel this way in the future.