September 2, 2011

She Will Be Loved


The past 24-48 hours have been full of unforgettable experiences. Yesterday was a lab first for me, going out into the "field" to seine for fish (basically using a net to catch them). That's not so bad you might think. Au contraire mon ami! We were at an Oxbow pond filled with mud and lily pads that literally came up to my shoulders with no visibility underneath. Talk about adrenaline rush with every step because you could step on a sturdy branch and stay pretty stable, or take a plunge deeper into the murky water. Heebie jeebies can only begin to explain it. So while it was bad, it was also a good learning experience and something that I will never forget. Here's a picture of what I looked like when I got home.
As soon as I got home I began to prepare for one of the greatest nights in my life! Rachel came in from Tuscaloosa and then the two of us and Nicole road tripped to Alpharetta for Matt Nathanson/ Maroon 5/Train concert. I want to live that over and over again. Maroon 5 was flawless, words can't describe how amazing they were. And thank goodness for the Georgia heat because it made Adam Levine take his cardigan right off, displaying tattoos and sexy all over! At one point he also said, "If the people in the grass are happy, you're doing something right." We were those people in the grass, and we were certainly more than happy! Here are a  few videos and pictures that I will watch ad nauseam.

Train was so great! I thought I didn't really know a lot of their songs other than what was mainstream, but it turns out that I knew a lot of their songs, I just didn't know they were the ones that sang it. Pat Monahan interacted with the crowd and brought girls onstage and signed beach balls, everything was so exciting and fun! But on a sad note, my phone was almost dead and my camera only takes video on 7 second intervals (not sure why) so I don't have any videos of them, but I would definitely go back to another Train concert! Overall it was a great experience, and I want to be a groupie, and follow them all forever!