August 30, 2011

Barefoot Cinderellas

I Stumbled Upon this, and while it's rather long, I think most girls and young women should give it a read. The way you look and appear to other people may surprise you. The effect your appearance has on other people may surprise you. How your appearance makes you feel may surprise you. Today I was watching What Not to Wear and a 40-something year old woman could not recall a time that she had ever felt beautiful. I feel that this is the world we live in today and something must be done to change our perspectives about ourselves. And it's not just sex appeal, it's self-esteem and knowing that you are valuable and worth more than anything if only based on the fact that God created you. Trade in the glass slippers for some flats, and learn to love yourself the way God intended you to be.
"You made all the delicate inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother's womb. Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous, how well I know it. You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb. You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed." Psalm 139:13-16