March 6, 2011

Birthday Bash

Tonight was a night of many firsts, some I won't go into detail for the sake of friendship. But the most apparent first is that it's the first time in a long time that I've been up this late. My roommate's birthday has been quite a day and night! I'd say a fairly typical college birthday to put it in its simplest terms. Another sort of first is that I got to meet some new people and got to know others better with some hang time. As the night was coming to a close, we were sitting at Waffle House and I thought to myself that a year ago I only knew one of these people and him not even very well. It's weird to think about those you meet and become friends with that later you can't really remember life before you knew them, or you feel like even though you've only spent time together one night in your life, you've known each other for years.Tonight was also a reassurance from God that I'm doing the right thing with my life. I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything because I don't drink and don't go out like others my age. I see it around me, but I just don't have any desire to take part in it. Yeah, it's fun to have people over and socialize, don't get me wrong! But I think tonight has further focused my vision into what God's will for me is. If I could take anything from this night, it would be not to second guess my own judgement if I know that what I'm doing is right. If this is the case, God will be behind me, and what can stand against?

"What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?" Romans 8:31