March 29, 2011

New Ideas

I've had a few ideas over the past few days, just some new thoughts and what not. I've also been meaning to post, but haven't gotten around to it. The first thing is that the other day I was studying for an anthropology test and was seeing what certain people groups left behind as artifacts that are now being used to identify these people. So I thought to myself, "What would I leave behind and what does that say about me?" Is it better to leave a lot of material things or a lasting impression of the good that you brought when you were alive? Just something to think about when the latest clothes come off the runway or the newest technology hits the stores. The next thing I have planned to do is once a month I will try out a recipe that I have "stumbled upon" or found on a fellow blog. There are so many good things that I'm dying to give a shot, but I'll use some self-control and limit myself to once a month. I'll get back to you on what the first recipe will be!
These are No-Bake Cookies-n-Cream Bars and they are in the run for first place thing to try out!
And then the last thing. I registered for classes this morning and am pleased with my schedule. No, I'm not happy about 8am's every day, but that's the real world isn't it? I'm really more excited about the actual classes I'm taking. Vertebrate biology, Physics II, Genetics, and Public speaking. I'm finally past chemistries and all those other basically weed out classes (other than Physics). I'm getting into what I enjoy, and I think that will make going to class all the more better. Maybe this optimism comes from the fact I don't have any tests for a couple of weeks, but I'm excited about the plans the Lord has for me!