March 7, 2011

Early

This morning I did something that I've never accidentally done. I set my alarm for thirty minutes too early. So now that I have all this extra time and no morning talk shows to sit and watch (I really miss watching Ellen before going to class) I thought it would be a good time to do some blogging. Today is a hard day. My roommate and oldest friend that got the bad news a few posts ago is heading home today to be with her mom, who we found out has breast cancer, before surgery on Wednesday. This was shocking to all of us, but I know that Mrs. Tammy will have the strength of 10,000 angels behind her to fight this. Lauren's passion has always been breast cancer awareness and I think this will infinitely multiply that desire for supporting the cause. Please join me in praying for Mrs. Tammy, Lauren, and the whole family as they enter this storm, that they will see the power of God and take comfort under his wings of protection.
"The Lord is close to the brokenhearted; He rescues those whose spirits are crushed. The righteous person faces many troubles, but the Lord comes to the rescue each time." Psalm 34:18-19