March 10, 2011

Give Me a Break

I'm so glad today is mostly over. I'm now only a couple of classes away from spring break, which is a much needed one! The hard stuff is behind me and now it's time to relax for a bit. There are a few things on my list for this break. I'm road tripping to Birmingham with the roomie for the weekend, then we're going to join some other friends for a few days of camping, and the last half of the week I'm going to visit my pregnant sister Sally, her husband Jody, and their lovable goof of a dog Cutter. Seems like more travelling than resting, but I know it will be a good time! I love getting to go to Birmingham because I always feel like I'm going home, even if it's not "technically" home anymore and I love my new homes just as much. But that's getting into a much longer story for another time. I'm originally from Bham, so that's the main reason why it still feels like home, and so many people are still there that I love and cherish. God has blessed me with so many wonderful people in my life, I can't begin to imagine what life would have been like if even one of them wasn't in it. So I'm excited about getting to go back and the week and completely ready for my break!

On another note, Mrs. Tammy (Lauren's mom) did not get the news they were expecting yesterday after surgery. They found positive lymph nodes and will be putting off reconstruction to start radiation. Please keep them in your prayers as they embark on this hard time in their lives. Also the pink ribbon image on my profile is a link to the Susan G. Komen website, if you haven't noticed! Check it out to see what you can do for the cure!