April 27, 2011

A Grateful Heart

There are so many things I have to be grateful for, but a recent answered prayer is something that I would like to remember (and probably won't forget it even if I don't write it down). My organic grade was greatly stressing me out for multiple reasons, some of which include scholarship and vet school. In all honesty I was not as optimistic as I should have been, but before going into the test I prayed and asked God to bring me through the test because He already knows the answers. He already knows the bigger picture, and if that included failing another test I asked Him to help me accept that. Thankfully I made a C, which believe it or not is such a blessing! I still have to work hard for this class and the rest of my classes, but when you cast your cares upon God and fully release them, He will uphold His end of the deal and take them from you. One of my favorite verses is Matthew 11:28 which says, "Then Jesus said, 'Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.'"
 Something else I wanted to mention was tonight I attended a discussion about diversity, truthfully for bonus points, but it was a lot better than I expected. It made me realize or remember that every group you belong to, whether religious, ethnic, racial, social whatever has stereotypes, and even though you or someone else within that group may fall within these boundaries, you don't fit every category and you can't judge someone based on a group's reputation. We are individuals and deserve to be treated that way with respect. If you don't agree with someone, respect their opinion and maybe they will respect yours enough for you to persuade them. You can at least know that you have planted a seed within their life of whatever, that they can allow it to grow or die in whichever way they wish.
And lastly, tonight there has been mind-blowingly awful weather in Tuscaloosa, Birmingham, and north Alabama. Cities are ruined and lives decimated. I cannot begin to imagine what people are going through and I'm so thankful that everyone I know is ok. I'm thankful that I've never had to experience anything like that. Say a prayer for these people in the rebuilding of what is their heart. These people will be carrying heavy burdens and need the rest that only God can provide.