April 29, 2011

Royal Wedding

History has been made and I'm glad I can say that I was truly a part of it (at least in a small way). Apart from having a small nap yesterday afternoon, we stayed up all night waiting for the big moment. It was great and surprisingly I made it through! The whole spectacle of it was great. The guests arriving in all the royal pomp and circumstance with their extravagant hats and coats. And then finally William and Harry departed for the abbey and I think all of our hearts skipped a beat. A few more processions and cars later, and the real moment we'd been waiting for when Kate finally got to the car to join the rest of the wedding. It was such a sweet thing seeing her with her dad in her last moments as a commoner. Her dress was perfect, her veil and tiara were perfect, everything was perfect. As she walked down the aisle we sat in anticipation of the look on William's face when he would finally see her. It was one of the most precious things I've ever seen. The ceremony went smoothly with no noticeable mess ups, and then they were off to sign licenses and then on to the balcony. I came back to my house very quickly, got into my bed and turned the tv on. They weren't quite ready yet, and I almost missed this kisses dozing off for a few minutes, but thank goodness I woke up just in time. So sweet, and not only did they kiss once, but twice, and it was the cutest! It seems like every moment was the moment we'd all been waiting for, something that will always be remembered. People have talked about and tried to recreate Charles and Diana's wedding since it happened, and I believe this will be just as much of a historical event in time. Here's to the happy couple!